There is no denying the popularity of vaping these days. There is a wide range of e-liquid flavors to choose from. You’ll even find the gourmet vapes created specifically for vapers with very sensitive taste buds. For flavor chasers, the pleasure of vaping goes far beyond just satisfying the urge to puff on something. It is an art similar to gastronomy.
One of the most alarming things that can happen to newbie vapers is when you can’t taste e-juice anymore. This phenomenon is known as the vaper’s tongue and happens for a variety of reasons.
What is Vaper’s Tongue?
Vaper’s tongue described the inability to taste the flavor of e-liquids. Sometimes, vapers are unable to taste particular flavors while others lose their ability to taste all foods and drinks. The good news is that vaper’s tongue is a temporary condition. It is caused by dehydration, illness, vaping on the same flavor for a long time, and excessive vaping.
- Dehydration occurs when you vape due to the propylene glycol which has hygroscopic properties. It absorbs water in the mouth.
- Illness occurs when the taste buds get damage. It can be due to smoking, infections, alcohol, extremely sour or spicy foods or medication.
- Vaping on the same e-juice flavor for a long time can lead to vaper tongue – especially if the flavor is intense. This is why it is advisable to switch between different e-liquid flavors after a while.
- Excessive vaping can also result in a situation where you can’t taste vape anymore.
There are other potential causes of vaper’s tongue including a blocked nose, stress, and anxiety; et cetera. There are many measures you can take to combat vaper’s tongue.
Recovering From Vaper’s Tongue
If you have vapor tongue, there are many techniques you can use to cure the condition; drink water, stop vaping entirely or reduce the time that you spend vaping, alternate between different e-juice flavors, inhale the smell of strong coffee. Switching between different e-liquid flavors does not only cure vaper’s tongue but can also prevent it.
You will find a wide collection of e-liquids at Slim’s E-Juice. This vape juice maker creates its blends using the finest ingredients.
One way to keep your vaping experience exciting and avoid vaper’s tongue is to pair your e-liquids. Knowing which e-liquids to pair is essential. Taste is subjective, and there are cases where a person may like weird flavors.
E-Liquid Flavors Great for Pairing
Some flavors are known to go well together. Don’t combine flavors blindly. Our taste buds are primed to sense five different types of flavors; sweet, sour, salty, bitter, and umami (a savory taste). The key to pairing great flavors is to take inspiration from the food you eat. Do you prefer bread and peanut butter or bread and orange?
E-juice flavors are divided into common categories; fruity, candy/sweets, tobacco, menthol, beverage, et cetera. When pairing e-liquids, keep it simple. When you’re starting out, the suggestion is to pair as many flavors as you might find on your dish, about 2 to 4 flavors. Experts often go far and beyond, creating combinations of five or more e-juice flavors.
- Same flavors – You can pair similar flavors, for example, two different types of sweets.
- Various flavors – Sweet and sour flavor sometimes go well together, so does sweet and bitter. You’ll do just fine as long as you combine items that go well together in a recipe. Think of ice cream and cake or fruit cocktails with some sort of beverage.
Another thing to remember is that pairing does not only mean using e-liquids already made from the factory. You can tailor your vaping experience according to your preferences. For example, you can pair a great e-liquid with food or drink on the side.